Sun Health believes strongly in giving back. A “shining” example is the SHINE (Sun Health Involvement Never Ends) Committee. Made up of Sun Health employees, with participation from residents of Sun Health communities, SHINE organizes five to six projects each year that positively impact the community.
Upcoming 2020 Events:
- Benevilla Seniors Holiday Drive
Completed 2020 Events:
- Adopt-A-Street-Thank you to everyone who came out and participated in this year’s Adopt-A-Street cleanup! We were fortunate enough to have beautiful weather on Saturday, November 7 as we cleaned up Reems Road between Grand Ave and Bell Road.It was great to get out in the fresh air and enjoy the (socially distanced) company of our fellow team members! Below are a couple of pictures from the cleanup.
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s-Thank you to Debbie Sables from Grandview Terrace, Sandy Sweezey from La Loma Village and Tammy Ayala from The Colonnade, for organizing each of their campuses in the annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Sun Health exceeded its fundraising goal of $5000 by raising $7,250. La Loma Village Resident Vernon Emerling and Tammy were recognized as top 5 participants in the fundraiser category!
Special thanks to the SHINE Team, lead by Sun Health’s Chief Strategy Officer Jennifer Drago and Grandview’s Executive Assistant Sarina Sandler for leading Sun Health’s efforts.
- Back Pack Drive-Thanks to the generosity of Sun Health team members and residents, the SHINE Committee was able to raise $2,960 to purchase backpacks and stuff them full school supplies for 60 foster children who live in West Valley group homes.
In addition, with the donated dollars, SHINE was able to purchase a $25 gift card for each child to be used toward clothing or shoes for the school year.
And we are happy to share that each child is receiving a few additional surprises in addition to the backpack, supplies and gift card.
- Packages From Home- SHINE partnered with Packages from Home, a non-profit whose mission is to send care packages to deployed United States troops. Donations of nonperishable food, hygiene and recreational items were collected and sent to our troops.